July 2, 2011

Arriving in Japan

View large at Flickr
I've arrived safely in Tokyo. Much of it went smooth, but a few things bugging me that I won't rant about here. It usually feels like that the first day, because I am always tired and easily annoyed. The next day I have forgot most of what annoyed me.

This is just outside the airport. It's kind of far away from Tokyo; with the rapid express it takes 1 hour and 20 minutes to Nippori where you can change to the Yamanote Line, and costs 1000 yen one way. Last year they introduced the new Skyliner which only takes 39 minutes to Nippori but the fare is 2400 yen.

View large at Flickr
First took the night flight from Arlanda airport in Sweden to Beijing. Air China is one of the cheaper airline companies, and I've flew with them before, so I knew I couldn't expect much of service. But it's cheap, and it gets me where I want.

View large at Flickr
View large at Flickr
Beef for dinner.

View large at Flickr
Some mixed stuff for breakfast.

View large at Flickr
Beijing Airport is however incredible clean and beautiful. The main halls are huge, and the halls with the gates endless. And it's all sparkling. They even have staff members working constantly at the toilets, cleaning up as soon as you've done you're thing.

View large at Flickr
At the pond at one of the "temples" they have some fishes.

View large at Flickr
Finally landing at Narita Airport, large pictures with the words "Yokoso! Japan" greets you as you walk to the immigration control.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for leaving me that comment. lol. They shipped my AKB cards today, getting them in 2 days. I'm a forum dweller by nature so I've refused to mingle with forum life ever again (it drains me), that's why I don't post on any idol forums.

    I did some snooping and saw you actually helped Sub48, that's cool. So random running into someone like you.

    So why did you go to Japan and are you still there? I'm curious, lol.

    ReplyDelete